Monday, December 22, 2014

Thanksgiving, again

Not five days after my last post about my dad, he had a stroke.  I bulleted down to Florida and was in the Neurology ICU before that day's end.  Shortly after the stroke, before I boarded my flight,  my sister put the phone to my dad's ear.  He told me he loved me and cried.

Luck, or divine Intervention or both has my dad back to normal and at home in his bed, and I in mine, tonight just three days after he said goodbye to me.  My sister, a nurse, just happened to be standing near my dad when she saw that he was acting oddly...she called 911 within the first minute...the ambulance arrived and transported him to the hospital within the next 15 minutes.  The stroke intervention, TPA, must be administered within 35 minutes of the event.  He got it within that window.  TPA only works on 50% of clots and it worked on his.  

My dad is extraordinarily lucky and we are immeasurably grateful.  We love you Popi.

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment